Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Is using "transmission stop leak for a chrysler lebaron" good..?

I have a front seal transmission leak ... Is it safe and or wise to use a "transmission stop leak" on it?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah ive heard it is good to put it in there. My grandma put some in her car and it seemed to help alot.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would not put a lot of hope on it but it is cheap and you do not have much to lose.

Downloads
    Uploads
    If anything, it is only a band aid and the problem will have to be resolved sooner or later. Once a leak starts, the only real fix is to replace the leaking seal or gasket.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Stop leak swells seals in your transmission, in turn taking up any gap in the seal. I Have never had luck with any of these stop leaks but in order to replace that seal the tranny must come out......so what the heck you don't have anything to lose if the stop leak does not work. and if your paying the labor to have the tranny removed, i would recommend getting a rebuilt/reman tranny. In my opinion its a lot of labor to pay just to have one seal replaced......

Downloads
    Uploads
    you can try it ,it wont hurt nothing ,but there's no guarantee that it will stop the leak in it,sometimes it will though ,but its only a temporary repair at best,most of the time its just a waste of money,good luck.