Hey everyone. I'm having a lot of trouble choosing a college major and I have a few questions. My love is zoology and natural resources, no doubt about it. However, numerous professors have discouraged me from majoring in it because opportunities with a B.S. are extremely bad. My other choices that still sound alright are journalism and geographic information sciences/geography.

Okay, based on the above and the following, could you make a recommendation for me?

-I'm a shy person and much prefer working with things rather than people.
-I'm very realistic and stress to the max when it comes to practicality. (Meaning I wouldn't ever get a B.A. in something, or I get really stressed with job prospects, know what I mean?)
-I would like to live in a metropolitan area, esp. in Minnesota, but I'd like my job to be universal. Meaning I could do it or apply it anywhere.
-I would like the opportunity to travel a LOT, OR make quite a bit of money so that I can travel. Not necessarily both.

Thanks a lot for the help and your time. If you can think of a way to apply these to not the obvious title of the major, that would be great too. I'm also open to any suggestions at all. If you have something maybe I should look into or investigate please say so. I appreciate it!

P.S. What are some things you can do with GIS or journalism? Could I be a just plain writer for a newspaper? I know this doesn't sound realistic but could I get a job mapping out stuff in space with GIS? Sorry but I don't know much about it, thanks!