Reformatting Acer Laptop?

none

Jun 5, 2008
I have an acer aspire 5672 with Windows XP Home Edition. Its been having problems and have been told I should try and reformat it. What do I have to do to do that? I have backed up my personal files so far. It didnt come with any cds but had made recovery cds (about 5 i think) but think I lost them. Can I still make copies in safe mode? Also read I need to save drivers or something - how do I do that If i need to do that (dont know which ones or where to find them)
So basically asking for instructions (or where I can get them) for reformatting.
Ps. I live in switzerland so dont know if anyone knows if there is a place here that can help

man its so hard to diagnose your problem without looking at it...but if you want to reformat your harddrive and you dont have any CD's that came with it. You should have a windows registration number on the bottom of your laptop, call acer support and let them know you need to install windows all over again and you would like copy of the acer laptop model recovery cd and they may charge you a shipping fee but that should do it.

Back