Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    bifbangpow

how can i stop my cat from peeing in the same spot repeatedly?

(SERIOUS and HELPFUL answers only please, from people who have experience with this problem, don't tell me to get rid of her either)

the litter box has always been in the same spot in by carpeted bathroom, next to the shower (its one of those corner style showers). lately, my cat (2 1/2 year old female and spayed) has been peeing a couple feet in front of the litter box and around the other corner of the shower. i cant move the litter box around to the other side, because it wont fit, and it will block the shower door. i keep her box clean and tidy. and ive been trying to get the stinkin pee smell out for weeks, and everytime i feel like i get it out, its damp again and it smells like noxious cat pee. so i cant get it clean and smell free before she pees on it again. also, when i put towels and bath mats down, she pees on those. what the heck can i do? its disgusting!

Unregistered

try this if you haven't yet

Unless you have enzymatic cleaner, try cleaning the area with white vinegar. It neutralizes the urine smell, which will otherwise keep coming back everytime the area is wet. Let me know if it works -- I'm trying to keep mine from her favorite spot near the microwave :-(

Also, you might try stacking bottles and obstacles in the spot until she gets used to the litter box again, so that she can squat comfortably there. Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by bifbangpow View Post
    (SERIOUS and HELPFUL answers only please, from people who have experience with this problem, don't tell me to get rid of her either)

the litter box has always been in the same spot in by carpeted bathroom, next to the shower (its one of those corner style showers). lately, my cat (2 1/2 year old female and spayed) has been peeing a couple feet in front of the litter box and around the other corner of the shower. i cant move the litter box around to the other side, because it wont fit, and it will block the shower door. i keep her box clean and tidy. and ive been trying to get the stinkin pee smell out for weeks, and everytime i feel like i get it out, its damp again and it smells like noxious cat pee. so i cant get it clean and smell free before she pees on it again. also, when i put towels and bath mats down, she pees on those. what the heck can i do? its disgusting!