Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

can my parents read my text messages? [verizon]?

well, i've texted A LOT and all the time to my friends. my parents dont really approve of me getting a boyfriend til im older but i talk about personal things all the time on my phone. coincidently, on that day, i was talking about some person i "admired". and all of a sudden my dad comes up to me that day and asked if i had a bf and all. of course i said no cuz i wasnt lying on that behalf but the he kept on talking about how he has a friend who works for verizon and how he could get the text messages and read them from there? ><;;
    is that really true???

please help!

Unregistered
    no he can not reed your sent or relieved text messages. all he can do is know that u sent them with the date and time and size of message. thats all he can not see the actual text or image. NO MATTER WHAT!!! only with a court order.

Unregistered
    to add to your question - are parents allowed to go through your phone and read your texts?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    to add to your question - are parents allowed to go through your phone and read your texts?
    Yes, of course they are. They pay the bill for the phone (usually) and you are under their parental digression. And as for the first question, No they cannot and will not reveal any sent/received text messages to anyone other than law enforcement with a search warrant or court official.

Unregistered
    So they simply cannot read texts? Because my gma pays for my phone and we have at&t. I got a text from her today saying that she had just checked her at&t account and she was dissapointed. I asaked about what and all that she said was have a nice day...im kinda scared that she can read my texts. I swear alot but not in front of her she might kill me...haha. So i would just like to be reassured that she cant read them...as long as that is the truth then i am completley fine with whatever else i did lol. Maybe i went over her minutes or something idk...plz write back asap

helpymepeople!

Help please! Asap!

YEAH! i totaly need help,i may get verizon or sprint or! t-mobile,ugh and i dont want my parents to be able to read my texts online,i mean its okay if they read it from my phone becasue i can alwasy delete it! but not from the internet...are YOU [POSITLIVLY SURE THEY CANNOT READ MY TEXT MESSAGES!? :'(

Unregistered11

Mobilephone1 no

absolutley not. it is an invasion of privacy. verizon and most other service providers only keep the records of your txts for a week, and no longer, unless given special court permission to hold them for longer. and your parents can't see them unless they go through the court, a process that, for most parents, is too much of a hassle and not worth it. txt away.

Unregistered
    I have verizon and my mom is saying she wants a printout but from my research I think all shes gonna get is a list of dates and # that I can lie and say the are a different friend not my boyfriend I haven't told her were going out cuz shell judge us other then that I'm a normal 13 old I even get all A I gave her no reason not to trust me but she does so if she's invading my privacy I can lie al in all no Matter wat u sAy bout kids have no privacy we don't with the world.... But wat about ur own parents?.....

Unregistered
    Can parents see what you've bluetoothed or recieved via bluetooth? Please reply quickly.

Unregistered
    OK so my mom says that she is going to check all my textmessages online somehow when she gets home to make sure that I am not texting while I am babysitting. She also says she can read them if I am using an online chat text free thing on my phone and read the messages :s can she really or is it just a scare tactic to make me not text when I already dont?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast