Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yikes! Sounds exactly like my wedding! I have a big family, and my sister planned a really fun casual shower for me and invited all the ladies from my family, plus my sister in law (to be) and MIL (to be). Well, neither of them could make it, so then my mother in law went and threw ANOTHER shower for me, a suprise, hoity-toity tea party shower complete with cucumber sandwiches and the whole nine yards, which was completely not my style. There were all these distant relatives from her family and friends of hers that I didn't even know and my mother and sisters were NOT invited. I appreciated the gesture, but it seemed like it was more of a i'll-show-you-how-to-throw-a-shower type thing.

Anyway, I would invite your FMIL anyway, and if it's that important to her, hopefully she can make room for it in her schedule. If not, so be it. You can't plan it around one guest's schedule.

Downloads
    Uploads

Future Mother-in-Law's Bridal Shower ?

Because my fiance and I both have big families, we're doing separate bridal showers. My future mother-in-law has stated several times that she really wants to be at my mom's shower, but she has very limited dates. She says, "I'm only available these weekends, so if you could let your mom know and she could plan the shower within these dates, I would really like that." I think that's a little rude of her. She already set the date for her bridal shower without ever consulting my mom, so why should my mom do the same? I have family coming from other states, so I would think they would need first considerations.

Well, my mom hasn't set the date yet for the shower, but because of my FMIL's limited dates, I have a feeling it will not be within the dates she requested. Any suggestions of what I should say to her if that's the case? I dread the call when I have to tell her the date and she won't be available. I'm sure many comments will be made and she's going to be extremely upset with me and my mom. But does anyone else think she's being a little unreasonable? Any suggestions?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would let your mother know about your FMIL's restrictions date -wise and let her make the decision. No matter what date is chosen for these things they are not going to be convenient for everybody. If she can make it, great if not well thats a shame but things like this can't be planned just to suit one persons schedule.