Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Could we make road rage illegal?

Yesterday I was harassed by another driver because I did not feel safe to make a right turn until other drivers finished turning next to my lane. It was crowded and raining and I was afraid that someone will swing over into the lane I was about to turn into. Behind me a guy was continuously laying on his horn trying to make me do something which I did not feel completely confident doing. Eventually I made the turn and I tried to leave but the guy came after me still laying on the horn. This really scared me. Is there any way to fight against this kind of harassing behavior with the help of the law? If this would have happened in a store while standing in line and a guy would keep yelling at me probably I can be protected by law.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Aggressive driving IS illegal. Unfortunately, it's just like speeding -- the cops will have to witness it and enforce it. If one had seen this, he would have been pulled.

All we can do short of having one police car for every driver is to continue to drive defensively -- as you did -- and try not to get in the way of these people who are obviously WAY more important than you or I.

I wish there was a way to educate these morons that the time they save by being "type A idiots" is a matter of seconds -- thus not quite worth the increase in blood pressure -- much less the increase in traffic accidents and deaths.

I just smile and wave to these fools. Then again that's probably not a good idea either! A lot of fools have guns.