Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

How much would it cost to fix a gas gauge on a Mazda Navajo?

Last year a mechanic did work on my Mazda and they had to tow it because I had radiator problems. When I got home my gas gauge wasn't working. I didn't mind so much when gasoline was less than a gallon last year. I would just fill it and then add gasoline every few days. But now with gasoline running about .28 a gallon it's just a little harder and I've been running out of gasoline! I put in the tank and took two trips and ran out of gasoline and they weren't very long trips. Now I just put in worth and not sure where that will take me. Should I ask the mechanic to fix it or see how much it would cost to repair? I feel he should have fixed it in the first place!

Downloads
    Uploads
    OK, the Mazda Navajo is a re-badged Ford Explorer. Usually the gas gauge stops working b/c the sending unit in the tank takes a dump. In this case, b/c it is such a sensitive area to work on, I would leave up to a Ford dealer or Mazda to fix. I know that it may be expensive to have a dealer work on it, but you must understand that they just about always guarantee their work. They know exactly what to do & use the only authorized Ford part for your vehicle.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I 'm thinking that when they towed your Mazda, the wire from the sensor in the gas tank got pulled off. After a year, the mechanic might not feel very responsible. Crawl around underneath and see if there is a loose wire you can just reconnect.