How do you feel about my opinion on religion?

Allen

May 30, 2008
I beleive that religion is healthy, though I believe that it is not the way to look at this life. If we look at death as the end, and really the end. Like nothing, no peace, no spirit, not a place you have always wanted to be. Then we would live through this life as if this is are only chance to do what we are interesed in. This is the time. I just wanted to know how people feel about this. I have nothing against religion and god. Its a good idea but its such a contradiction. I would hope to here a responce from all kinds of people and how they feel about this life and the end.
by the way i was listening to the madcap laughs while thinking about this. and if anyone knows about that cd then they can really undertand
Im really happy to hear what people think. I think more people should question. I myself dont believe death is the end. Im just saying it would be interesting if people thought like that. I wish I could all the time. but I over analize everything to much
The people who said that its ok because it helps with dealing with after death, thats interesting and very true because people would freak out if they had no hope.

Religion is just a way to explain the unknown and to help calm the fear of death to the less intelligent.

At least for the majority of religious people that is the case

I think it is nice you have an opinion on a long running social issue like religion. Most people just believe whatever they are told to believe.

I agree with you on some levels. I think that if everyone thought that this was our one chance to make it happen, and when you're dead, you're dead then many people would try harder to make things happen for themselves. I disagree on the fact that you say religion is a good thing but I wont get into that.

I believe !000% that this is not the only life we have. With that in mind (and soul) I live my life knowing (in faith) that I will continue... even though in a different form. I'm not worried about Heaven & Hell because I think they're misrepresented anyway. I'm just concerned about living my life the best way I can, being the best person I can be in it... and looking forward to what lies ahead. I have already had an out of body experience on the operating table, and seen myself lying there, floating above, in wonder. I have escaped death more than once. I know there's more than this... and religion doesn't have a thing to do with it... even though, I can say that I am a devout Christian. How hard is it to believe in something greater than yourself... a Creator of yourself? Religion is not a belief... it's a practice. I believe in God! And... yes, I do believe we all have a purpose, but not all of us learn what it is... even though it does get served! This life is no game.

When a worm sheds its skin to once again become a butterfly, we shed our earthly skin at "death" to return to our home (To our Heavenly parents) from where we came, "school is out" to return again for the next lesson.

Back