Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Taking girlfriend hiking good date idea? ?

Me and my girlfriend always go out to dinner and movies and I wanted to spice it up a bit with hiking something I love doing.

She is a real girly girl, who doesn't even know what to wear hiking.

The hike that we will be doing is hard(but all ages do it), but can be done If you pace yourself, the top rewards you with an awesome sunset view of the entire city. It can take anywhere from 2-3 hours depending on you pace

I am doing this because I feel we do the same thing each weekend and to take her out of her routine.

Good idea or bad?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Bad idea.

I understand that you want to do something that YOU are interested in but if she is not used to hiking, you might want to pick somethign a little less physically demanding. I am a 'girly girl' and I know that I couldn't handle a 2-3 hour hike and I would hate the idea of being all sweaty and out of breath with my boyfriend.

I think you need to sit down and discuss the idea with her first. If she is interested in trying out something new, definately go for it and help her pick out proper shoes/attire, etc. But if she seems apprehensive or is only going along with the idea to please you... don't do it.

Was she unhappy with the usual weekend routine? Or did she like it? My boyfriend and I typically do the dinner/movie thing on the weekends and I'm completely satisfied with it. However, last weekend we went walking around a local park and swimming and he fished for a bit while I layed out and caught some rays. Why not try something like that? Take her for a walk around a local park. Do something 'outdoors' but not something that is quite so out of her ordinary routine.

She is not one of your guy friends and you will not be able to turn her into one... I guess if you want to do something like that, take one of your friends. You need to find compromises that you will BOTH enjoy.

I definately think you should sit her down and talk about it, though.

Downloads
    Uploads
    i think it's an awesome idea ! and if she is willing to try it then go and have fun , could be that she finds something she enjoys doing with you ! but remember she has never done this before , be very patient and don't push her , let her take her time and enjoy. good luck