Exclusive Lifehacker Download: Bundles and bundles of Texter

h@ker

Jun 18, 2007
texter%200.5%20head.png
I've been neck deep in Lifehacker's very own text replacement application Texter since its last release brought us prompts and delays, but today Texter's got something even more exciting to show off: Bundles! Bundles, you ask? Yes, Bundles! In an effort to take advantage of all of the snippet-creating work of our peers, you can now export, import, add, and remove bundles from/to Texter. Not only does that mean more organized snippet management, but hopefully it means we'll be seeing and installing some user-created bundles soon. But wait, that's not all!
Check out the screenshots below to get a look at the latest features to hit Texter.

Among other much-requested features, Texter 0.5 has also added the ability to include punctuation in your hotstrings. The only sacrifice here is that Texter 0.5 is not entirely backwards compatible. However, if you install 0.5 and notice problems, your old hotstrings are backed up in the resources\backup directory, and you can recover them there and revert to an older version of Texter.
As always, head to the Texter homepage to grab the latest, and let me know what you think of bundles. Even better, if you create a bundle and want to share it with the world, please send it to me—it's as easy as adding a bundle, building your replacements, and then hitting Bundles -> Export from the Texter Management menu. I'm eager to see how you're using Texter!
Texter [Lifehacker Code]

</img>

More...

Back