Please answer this if your a doctor or have good medical knowledge...?

JoSiE

May 22, 2008
I am off the contraceptive pill almost 11 months now, yet still no sign of a period.is this normal?? other girls i have spoken to have got their period within few months of coming off the pill, so whats goin on with me??wud this mean my fertility is affected?the pill i was on is called yasmin.i told the doc and she said it was 'normal', but i would like more opinions.... please and thanks xx

Everyone is different, however 11months does seem like quite a long time. If you are not happy with the doctor saying this is "normal" then get a second opinion, or ask the doctor to investigate it as you are concerned.
The pill does not affect fertility. If you do have a fertility problem, it is unlikely that this came from taking the pill.
If you were on the pill for many years it may take your body longer to adjust. However, having it investigated may help to put your mind at ease.

i would consult another doctor, it's not normal to have no period for nearly as year. i wouldn't think it was because of the pill though, i haven't heard of a pill giving you fertility problems. it sounds like you may have other problems not pill related though (hormonal or pcos)

its normal, the pill can really mess up your system.

go to your doctor or gyno and mention it if it carries on much longer.

i would try taking the morning after pill once, because that pill makes your period early. so it would possibly bring it on.

i always take the mornin after pill a week before my holiday so that i have my period then and not when i am away.

good luck

Back