...authentication / imap)? I have been trying to set up my yahoo [email protected] address for nearly a week now and I am becoming increasingly frustrated...

Whenever I enter my password, my iPhone comes up with the error 'username/password is incorrect for the server imap.apple.......'

Now I KNOW that the password is correct and that there are NO typos and it is also only alphanumeric...

However, having skipped through the setup after hundreds of failed attempts to verify and ignoring the warning that 'you may not be able to send or receive email' I went to yahoo mail settings and manually reentered the password and voila 'Authentication Complete'...

Again HOWEVER, as the iphone notified me of this I noticed that an extra character had been added to my password...

I proceeded to go to Mail to check my inbox and the same problem occurred. I returned to yahoo mail settings on my iPhone to see that the extra character (8 instead of 7 characters) in my password remained. I continued to change this back to my 7 character password and once again verification was complete. Upon returning to my inbox i found that this had not corrected the problem. Mail was still stating that the password was incorrect...

One interesting factor within all of this is that I am able to SEND emails from the same account on my iPhone... However, I have no access to my inbox whatsoever...

Does anybody have any answers whatsoever, and has anyone suffered from this extra 'phantom character' within their password??

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks