Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Gay Marriage...?(what do you think, give me LEGITAMITE REASONS)?

I would like both sides of the gay marriage argument. I'd like to hear from people like me who are all for it, and from other people who think it's wrong. I'd like to know your opinion on it. Now, I have one thing I'd like to ask of all of you. I REALLY DONT WANT TO HEAR STATEMENTS LIKE "BECAUSE THAT"S NOT THE WAY GOD MADE IT" OR "IT"S UNNATURAL" (fyi yes it is for those people) OR "IT"S WRONG". I WANT LEGITIMATE REASONS. If you can help it, please don't bring up you religious views. We all don't share those views so we couldn't understand and you aren't going to get very far like that. Think about it, will us none religious people change our minds if you bring up you religious views? No. So please, if you can halp it, do not bring up your religious views. Tnanks!

Now that I've said that, how do you feel about gay marriage? Why are you for or against it? I WANT REAL REASONS.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Acting upon the request of the Chairman of the Committee on the Judiciary of the United States House of Representatives, The General Accounting Office identified 1,049 benefits, rights, and privileges only offered through legal marriage.

The 14th Amendment to the US Constitution states that a state cannot "deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws." When a same sex couple cannot legally marry, they are being denied the equal protection of the law, which is unconstitutional.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I am for it because I believe in equality, and basic human rights.

I firmly believe that sexuality is not a choice, and that people are simplifying it by trying to find a gay "gene". They do not realize that humans are so incredibly complex, that even our most brilliant scientists are at a loss as to why things work as they do.

That being said, consenting adults should be allowed to wed, and receive the benefits of marriage, with whomever they choose.

I am also for it because I oppose discrimination. I am also against separate but equal. If we are to evolve as a country, we need to stop dividing ourselves out of ignorance and fear.