Once my car is sitting in an impound lot, have I lost the right to damaging my own vehicle?

and what if I destroyed my car right before it was towed away?

Thanks everyone... and

Smiling JW...

The whole point of destroying my own car would be so that the company impounding my car wouldn't get any money if they tried to sell it.

I understand the whole destroying it in the impound lot thing... however I feel that because I am the owner I should still be able to destroy it even though they control it...

that's just how I feel...

I think trespassing would be the worst of it... and that would probably be a verbal warning... maybe I'm wrong...

however... Smiling JW

here's a scenario:

My car is worth 300$

A cop pulls me over and wants it towed away because it's 180 days past it's registration.

Pretend I start destroying it right there...as I have the right to I'm guessing...

The tow guy brings out a flatbed and tacks on 95$ fee...plus a 60$ fee for the flatbed... then a 30$ a night storage...

poof he already charged me more than the car is worth after a week...

his lot insurance might cover the car if it was destroyed in the lot
Assuming that the cop would let me destroy my car after he wanted it towed...

I guess my whole reason was so that if a cop wanted to tow my 300$ car off the road...I could bring the value of my car down to zero on the spot before the tow company got there...

that way, when the car is owned by the tow company (because I wouldn't pay for the fees that were worth more than my car, and it sat in the lot for 21 days and the state wrote the tow company a bill of sale so they could sell it).....it would be worth nothing! The tow guy would be hauling salvage... instead of a car worth selling.

And as far as billing me, the owner of the car, for the call out costs if he chose to abandon my vehicle instead of towing it as the cop wanted... I would argue that because in 21 days they would be owning the car that I shouldn't have to pay that...wouldn't you agree?

it would be owned by whoever hauled it away...and in terrible condition...

Could they not accept ownership? and keep charging fees?