Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+

View Poll Results: 6CXlAZ

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • tMYYLDrJKiKyros

1 100.00%
  • nQvMhdps

0 0%
Page 51 of 158 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast
    Unregistered
    Are all apologists for nuisance barking really illiterate? Is there not one person who can put forward a proper argument which explains why it's acceptable for a human's quality of life, and ultimately health, to be ruined by constant, debilitating and, above all, avoidable noise pollution simply to spare an animal? All we've seen here are profane rants written in execrable English (those for whom English is a second language obviously have an excuse for the latter) which for all their anger say nothing at all.

Perhaps these people have been driven stupid by their beloved dogs' barking, or perhaps they were just stupid to begin with. I favour the second view.

Unregistered
    Just shoot them while on your property. I love all animals, but if they are attacking animals on your property you have every right to defend them and your property. Also goes for any tree hugger that trespasses.

Unregistered
    kill em with natural foods like grapes, raisins ,chocolate, ibuprofen, and BAM! those mutts are done ! trust me i done it two time ,the only problem is they keep getting new dogs ,

Unregistered
    I would love to know the answer. I live in Barcelona Spain and dogs make normal peoples life hell. I would rather be on a farm. Not only is there pee pee and poo poo everywhere, but people leave their dogs on their balconies and go to work. The noise is incredible. Basically wherever you are you are listening to dogs, all day all night. So I am going to try some of the methods listed here. Thanks

Unregistered
    you sick sick fuck! how dare you think of poisoning those poor dogs, you bloody filthy disgrace. try to deal with them in a humane way like talking to the neighbor. and you are only concerned abt ur own mom huh, asshole? what abt your neighbor? gosh ppl like you should be sent to hell just for living and sullying the name of humans. go take a hike yu stupid fuck and hope you drown in a lake

Unregistered
    It may sound sick but you have never obviously experienced a pit bull ripping your pet to shreds. The pit I'm talking about has already killed 6 other animals. Owners won't do anything about it. It's time to take matters into your own hands.

Unregistered
    Wait till late at night, pour gasoline over the dog and throw a burning ball of newspaper at it. The sound of the gas catching will be one "woof" you'll be happy to hear!

Unregistered
    How many pills (400 mg) of ibuprofen kills dog (weight ~ 90 lb.) ?

Unregistered

sickos

you ppl are all sick in the head you talk about killing these poor animal like its a every day thing. far out its not the animals fault have a look at the owner maybe they havent done what is needed for there pet. If a child behaviour like one of these animal woudl you feed it anitfreeze or rat poison etc... no you would blame the parents....

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    you ppl are all sick in the head you talk about killing these poor animal like its a every day thing. far out its not the animals fault have a look at the owner maybe they havent done what is needed for there pet. If a child behaviour like one of these animal woudl you feed it anitfreeze or rat poison etc... no you would blame the parents....
    I'm probably wasting my time responding to this as the point's been made very well in precious posts, but here goes.

1. A constantly barking dog that can be heard in someone else's home is not just a minor annoyance. It is noise pollution in the same way as inconsiderate use of stereos or power tools is noise pollution. Every individual has the right not to have to suffer from it.

2. Unlike loud music and drilling, constant barking is unpredictable. You know you'll get quiet once the construction workers have gone home. With a dog, you can't relax even in the quiet periods because you never know when the dog's going to start again. This causes high stress levels, severe sleep deprivation and high blood pressure. These all lead to a deterioration of health.

3. In an ideal world, noise pollution from dogs would be dealt with in the same efficient way as other forms of noise pollution. In some places this happens. In most it does not. The police are usually not interested, environmental health (or the equivalent) take forever to do anything if indeed they act at all, and unless you've got money to throw away, going to court is an expensive gamble.

4. Complain to the owner, the dog-lovers bleat. Yeah, right. Many people have dogs and we never hear them. That's because they are decent, considerate people. The people who let their dogs annoy others don't care about others and almost always will get defensive or hostile when the problem is mentioned to them.

5. The victim of barking has four legal options: (a) Put up with it. Sometimes you get lucky and the dog will die or the owner will move. Or maybe the owner will get rid of the dog. More likely as not though you will have years of constant noise intrusion ahead of you. (b) Wear earplugs or headphones when you want quiet in your house. Yes, there is always some moron who suggests this on discussions like these. Why should anyone have to wear earplugs in their own home? (c) Spend lots of money on ultrasonic devices that have a very poor record of success. (d) Move. OK if you're living in temporary rented accommodation, but what if you've invested a lot of time and money in buying your own home? You probably wouldn't be able to sell it anyway if the barking is really bad.

6. So we're left with the only practical option: Kill the dog. Sure, anyone who gets pleasure out of doing this beyond enjoying the subsequent quiet really is sick and probably needs help. It is not a nice thing to do and so sane person would suggest otherwise. It is simply THE ONLY PRACTICAL MEASURE that many people can take to get back to leading a normal life.

That's enough - as I say, I've probably wasted my time and for all I know I'm replying to a troll. These do points need to be made from time to time, though, and I simply have two closing words to those dog-lovers who think that a dog's life is more important than a person’s:

GROW UP.

Page 51 of 158 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast