Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

How do I remove the comcast trap/filter myself?

I had a technician come out to upgrade my service from basic cable (around 30 channels) to standard cable (around 75 channels). The technician told me that I was already able to get those 75 or so channels. He did a channel search on my TV and all the sudden I had standard cable. I called comcast and they verified that I was still getting charged only for basic cable. Today, a couple weeks later, another technician came out (I forgot to cancel the appointment), and he said he was supposed to upgrade our service to standard, but the trap/filter had already been removed. I called comcast a few minutes ago and they said my service had been upgraded to standard today. I am very mad. So now, I am getting charged an extra a month for something that i've been getting for the past few weeks. Did the first technician remove the trap and decide to not call it in? I am confused. I told them to come back out and change it back to basic, but will I still have all the channels I have now if I do a channel search again? Thanks in advance.

Unregistered

How do I remove the comcast trap / filter myself

generally to remove the cable traps you need a special tool that only catv cable tv technicians or contractors have access too. you can search the web or g**gle it. a quick search turned up this, the tool is called a
    terminator tool or comcast trap remover
    here is a picture of the tool you need to remove it
    https://www.newelectronx.com/join-em...eaction=browse

sorry heres a better link, scroll through the pictures and see if this is what you need.

Locking Terminator Tool Gilbert GTT-4 / GTT-7 CATV Security, Terminator Tools, n-usa-a Digital Signage Player GPS Portable Cable CATV Satellite Tool http://www.newelectronx.com/

Locking Terminator Tool: Cable Pro GTT-7, GTT-4 or Ripleys LTT-7, LTT-4

Unregistered
    iS THERE A FAUX FILTER THAT I CAN PUT TO REPLACE THE FILTER THAT THE CABLE COMPANY GUY PUT ON, JUST SO THAT IF THEY EVER OPEN THE BOX FOR ANOTHER REASON IT'S NOT OBVIOUS THAT IT'S MISSING?