Why won't iTunes let me drag and drop?!?

anthropode

Jul 5, 2008
Okay. So I used to be able to drag and drop LimeWire files into iTunes easily. Recently LimeWire stopped working, so I re-downloaded it and it's downloading files just fine, the only problem is that I can't drag and drop into iTunes anymore. Suggestions??

iTunes

Iv'e converted some video's from youtube to put onto my iPod,
But when I drag and drop them onto my iTunes nothing happens.
Please help?

hmmm

that wasn't very nice of u 2 say...don't worry anthropod i have the same problem sweety

Im having the same problem on my Mac and pc... im guessing its apple trying to fight back again illegal downloads??

only thing i can suggest is... get a blank disc... burn the songs onto it (using other software) then import the files using itunes?? bit of a stress but might work

unceunce

well i have the same problem. i have ares.
what i do is i go to my ares music downloader and i right click, click locate file and then go there. after drag it to ur i tunes library and then press sync

This happened to me after I updated. Found out ITunes needs to be the default player for music files in order for drag and drop to work.

close itunes then reopen it
thats what i did when i had the same problem

ok so i only read the first but only a little bit.....
you can add them to the Automatically Add To iTunes folder in
My Music-iTunes-iTunes Music-...^^ ^^ ^^ ^^

^.^ hope this helps...

the same thing happened to me. you have to click file and then add file. then you have to click the file you want

Got to say the "buy it legally" argument is moot, I download plenty of songs legally off of Amazon and I still can't drag and drop them onto my ipod anymore. Anyone have advice worth mentioning?

APPLE NEEDS TO FUCKING REALIZE THAT NO ONE WANTS TO BUY FUCKING MUSIC WHEN YOU CAN JUST DOWNLOAD IT OFF OF FROSTWIRE OR LIMEWIRE. FUCK YOU APPLE I FUCKING HATE YOU FUCKERS WITH A PASSION

sucks!!!

i try to get music from my itunes to other folders and the crap doesn't let me do that... it's my music i should do what i want with it!!! legal or not, we will get in trouble not Apple!!!

im having the exact same problem. i download my songs from mp3 rocket after transferring all my purchased songs into an itunes on my new laptop. the mp3 rocket songs are under the shared file on itunes, yet they wont sync to my ipod except for maybe 4 or 5 of them. i tried setting itunes as my default player to see if that would let me drag & drop so that i can sync these songs, but its still not working. i do think it is simply itunes trying to reduce illegal downloads, but there must be a way around it.

was just fiddling around, turns out if you copy (from explorer) and paste into the music section of itunes it works (at least when ignoring the itunes music library). Not sure why'd they'd get rid of the drag and drop tho, pretty stupid.

just to follow up the last post, thats pasting with CTRL+v while the music area is selected in itunes.

I had the same problem. The solution is that you have to put the default player as Itunes. Then when you download your songs just PLAY them. Itunes will AUTOMATICALLY open.. And the song will be there.. This worked for me. :D

Back