Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Is there an official name for my daughters relationship to my boyfriend?

Is there an official name for my daughters relationship to my boyfriend?

My partner and i have been together for four years and are not married. We have a son together, and everyone is happy with the arrangement. Except (probably because of the new arrival) my daughter from a previous relationship, who lives with us. She has become confused by who my boyfriend is to her. She needs a "name" like "mum" or "brother", an appropriate title for him other than "step-dad". Is there a word for this relationship? It is soo important to kids of her age(7) to know where they stand in terms of explaining relations, with titles. We'd also like to know who her father is in relation to my son? Confusing huh!? Poor little dear... Please help us! Thankyou!

Downloads
    Uploads
    she can call him dad or uncle. your ex has no relationship to the new child.

Downloads
    Uploads
    she can call him dad or uncle. your ex has no relationship to the new child.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ask your boyfriend whether he would be comfortable with it if she called him "Dad". Because she is like a daughter to her, and if he is fine with it then you can give her a normal family with Mom and Dad and brother.

Let her know that he is going to be a father figure to her. Maybe make sure they spend time together and bond?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ask your boyfriend whether he would be comfortable with it if she called him "Dad". Because she is like a daughter to her, and if he is fine with it then you can give her a normal family with Mom and Dad and brother.

Let her know that he is going to be a father figure to her. Maybe make sure they spend time together and bond?