Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

With all the different religions based on the Bible...?

... how can anyone seriously think that any of them is better or truer than any other? How can they not then understand that religion is a man-made thing?

I'm always ready to settle with the fact that someone believes in God, even if I don't believe in God myself, I just have a problem with the fact that there are all those different religions that claim to believe in the same God, with their different interpretations of the Bible, each with a different list of what they consider right and wrong.

It's just so illogical! Yet there are so many preachers out there telling everyone else that they are wrong.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm a Christian and I believe in inclusivism, which means, in my opinion, other faiths have some truth in them, but are only partly developed or they don't fully understand the correct teachings of Jesus and what God wants according to my own religion. Some religious people believe in pluralism, which means all faiths are legitimate, valid, and true when viewed by the people within their own particular culture. I don't agree with that because what if a religion from another part of the world supports killing innocent people ... that's certainly not right, so I don't agree with pluralism.

Also, in response to the first answer, I'm not afraid of going to hell because I know I won't be going to hell =)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Going by the the Bible alone has brought only chaos for one needs also the Apostolic Tradition and the authoritAtive Catholic Churhc to interpret the Bible accurately.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Going by the the Bible alone has brought only chaos for one needs also the Apostolic Tradition and the authoritAtive Catholic Churhc to interpret the Bible accurately.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't understand it either. Even more, each theist has his/her own idea about a God who is supposed be the inmutable, the only and one god.