Mac OS X 10.3.9 - Finder missing? (Please help, anyone who is experienced with...

FrisbeeGirl

Aug 31, 2008
...Macs!)? I own a Mac OS X 10.3.9 1.25 GHx PowerPC processor with about 768 MB memory. THe other day, I was trying to download a video onto the desktop for moviemaking with iMovie. Once it got into the downloads window, the spinning beach ball of death appeared on the desktop. I rebooted, but when I logged onto my account, all of my items on the desktop (even the HD) were missing. The Finder Bar at the top screen didn't appear either, all I could see was the time and airport symbol. The desktop just had the picture I had on it, nothing else. I can find the desktop folder through other applications (For instance, I can find it in through word) But when I click on it, I can see some of the applications at first, but then the spinning beach ball of death appears. I am not very computer literate, so how can I fix it? I can't access the finder in any way, it just comes up with the spinning beach ball. I don't know how to find the amount of hard drive space I have. I think that's everything - what can I do to fix it? Please, anyone who knows a good bit about macs, I really really need help!!

Back