What do I do when my brother's Xbox live freezes when I get on the internet using...

yash

May 13, 2008
...my computer? my brother has an xbox live account and every time I get on the internet his xbox live freezes up; how can I fix this problem; please send me help

It could be a number of different things. I'm guessing that you're using a router and High Speed Internet. If not, that would be the first issue to fix. If you don't have High Speed, you're hosed at the starting gate.

If you do have High Speed and a router, you'll need to make sure that the router, PC and X-box are properly configured. If the X-box is freezing, it might be that both that and the computer are using the same IP address. Make sure that the computer is assigned a different IP address than the X-box.

If the X-Box is connected through the computer, rather than a router, you'll need to make sure that the Internet Connection Sharing is properly configured.

If you've got wireless, then that has to be configured properly.

Really, there are a lot of different things that can go wrong, and it's tough to diagnose without more info.

Back