Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
+ Reply to Thread
    Downloads
    Uploads

Dateline NBC last night so sad!!!!!!?

I can't get the haunting images of those poor children in the institution out of my mind!
    It just makes my problems seem so small,I pray for God to please please help them!

Ok Thanks but I don't agree with you watch it and then let's see if you feel the same way!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I missed it unfortunately for the 1st time in ages, but if it was a story about children, I'd be reacting the same way as you. Those stories are hard to get out of my mind, so maybe it's a blessing I didn't see it..

If I feel up to it, I may watch it on-line.. but something tells me I shouldn't. God Bless the children, he always does, don't worry!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I missed it unfortunately for the 1st time in ages, but if it was a story about children, I'd be reacting the same way as you. Those stories are hard to get out of my mind, so maybe it's a blessing I didn't see it..

If I feel up to it, I may watch it on-line.. but something tells me I shouldn't. God Bless the children, he always does, don't worry!

Downloads
    Uploads
    You know what? I never watch the news or read the newspaper for exactly that reason. The news is all death, destruction, murder, rape, war, child abuse, sadness, etc. And yes, many people would say that you have to stay informed on what's going on in the world, but you know what? The world will go on perfectly fine without me knowing about all the depressing news. There's a certain freedom that comes from someone saying, "Oh, did you hear about the toddler who was beaten to death last night??" and I say, "Nope. No idea." There's an advantage to living under a rock! I think it's better for your mental health not to overload yourself with depressing, awful images. So I say, only expose yourself to what you can handle. Let someone else handle the rest. Turn the tv off.

And for a quick fix, watch something else to replace the images in your head. Try a favorite movie you enjoyed as a kid. Even if it's something silly or cartoonish. Just something to relax your mind and bring it back to a happier place.

+ Reply to Thread