If religion/lack of religion doesnt matter then why are atheists using Palins...

cadisneygirl

Jun 13, 2008
...religious beliefs against her? It's just such a double standard.

If people say they dont trust the judgement of an atheist because of their lack of belief in God then its bigoted and horrible, but if an atheist said they dont trust the judgement of a person that believes in creation then its perfectly ok.

Do any of you see the double standard?

Does any of this really matter on issues of taxes or border control or military, you know real issues of the fed gvt?

Is anyone willing to admit they just want to use this creation excuse as a way to play dirty politics that they would condemn on the other side if they did it?
justagirl
yeah I am really just talking about this forum
I have read your other answers
You clearly dont make it an issue.
kuve
So basically its ok for you to do it because they are doing it
Doesnt that just make you a hypocrite if you complain about it, though?
I dont mean that to sound judgemental because at least you seem willing to admit it. It just seems some people try to play it off as though its somehow more justifiable for one side, but not the other.
Personally
I see this as just another way of playing politics so I would expect both sides to do it.

Not really. On a whole Christians make decisiopns based on their religion. Someone who does not have a religion would not think with their religion, and therefor be more objective.

Supposedly

I haven't heard any atheists use that against her. Do you mean in this forum? I just logged on. But my friends and I, who are all atheists and all politically minded, just sat up last night with a few pitchers of margaritas discussing Palin's many short comings, and I assure you, her religion was never brought up once.

Back