Would the world be a better place without religion?

GeekMan

Aug 30, 2008
I have heard quite a lot of people telling me that without religion there would be no wars, no hatred, no fighting.

Is this really realistic? I believe humans always find a way to hate each other.

And has religion really been all that bad? I think not, Religion may not be the greatest thing to some people but what if the world had none? The only thing stopping you from committing crimes would be the law, and I'm not confident that the law can handle a world without religion.

People that have hate for other people usually have it because the people they hate are different. You don't often find groups of people rallying against other people of the same race or religion.

As far as morality goes, it certainly can and does exist without religion. Or do you mean to tell me that the only thing stopping you from raping and murdering people is religion? If that's the case, you need some serious help. It stands to good reason that most people don't rape or murder because they have empathy (without religion) and wouldn't want it done to them or their loved ones. It really is just that simple. Bad people will naturally do bad things, but it takes religion for good people to do bad things.

Back