Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

What are catchy ways so start of book report paragraph introductions?

I read the book "dreamland" and i have to do a book report/summary about it.

I have just finished my first paragraph (my introduction paragraph) and i want to start the next paragraph which starts off the story/summary. I just dont want to start it with "it all started when..." or "once upon a time.." or "so this is what happened..".
    I want it to be catchy and draw the attention to my teacher who is reading it. I just dont know how to start it.

What are some good ways to start off paragraphs to make them catchy? anything helps. even ideas or clues or hints or big descriptive words.

thanks soo much!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Give a well worded thesis of what you think the story was about in one sentence, followed by the summary. Take some specific examples from the story as a reference to your themes. The difficult part of writing this way is incorporating almost flowery language in a succinct way.
    Good luck with your report!

Sally Sue

I LOVE Lucy!

Have U heard of Lucy Cawkens? google her! wonderful ways to learn to start a sumary!

Unregistered
    Idk if this will help, but I'm doing a report on Of Mice and Men and the topic is about responsibility so I googled some quotes and I placed a quote at the very begining of the sentece. Here's what I put:

Josiah Charles Stamp once said, “It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.”

and then I went from there. So probably something relative. Again, Idk if this will help but goodluck.

Unregistered

Flower Blue

Quote Originally Posted by Becky View Post
    I read the book "dreamland" and i have to do a book report/summary about it.

I have just finished my first paragraph (my introduction paragraph) and i want to start the next paragraph which starts off the story/summary. I just dont want to start it with "it all started when..." or "once upon a time.." or "so this is what happened..".
    I want it to be catchy and draw the attention to my teacher who is reading it. I just dont know how to start it.

What are some good ways to start off paragraphs to make them catchy? anything helps. even ideas or clues or hints or big descriptive words.

thanks soo much!
    Try a question or a quote from the book you are writing your report on. The one i use is "creating a picture". That means to describe what you are talking about. So if you are talking about a movie theater you can say something like... It was dark, i couldn't see the hand in front of me. Little red lights guided my way... I was a the movie theater.

Unregistered
    Take quotes from the book, for example " They watched in horror as he got caned to his flesh"

UNREGISTERED
    i think ...