is the verizon envy 2 cell a good phone??

JenN1

Jun 9, 2008
hey um i'm gettin a new upgrade n i want the envy 2 really bad but i dont wanna get dissapointed cuz its gonna be a 2 year contract n i wont be able to get a new one. i just wanna make sure i'm not makin a mistake!

My daughter has the LG enV2 and loves it! She got it the first day it came out on 04/30/08. She is an expert at texting both with the front keypad as well as when you open it and use the qwerty keyboard! Several of her friends got the same phone after seeing hers and playing with hers and they all love it. It is not too big and fits nice and snug in her front jean pocket which is what she likes. It's about the size of the Motorola Razr V3m from Verizon.

She has V-Cast so she uses the internet all the time on it and doesn't have a problem logging onto her favorite website....myspace.

Good luck!

DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THE ENVY!

The VERIZON LG ENVY does ALOT of things besides text, Badly! Compared to the old LG Clamshell I lost that didn't play music, take pictures or surf the web, It's horriable.

The first thing I hated about the VERIZON LG ENVY was the audio quality was substandard to less expencive phones, I could barely hear who I was trying to talk to under normal ambient conditions. All phones sound great in the store where it's quiet, but outside, forget it!

The speaker phone function on the VERIZON LG ENVY is also not as loud and only works when the phone is flipped open. Just another dissapointing feature that I really required for my line of work.

Second, because of the location of the mic location on the VERIZON LG ENVY, design, it's hyper sensitive and picks up ALL surrounding sound and if you havnt shaved 5 minutes prior to making a call, The Envy WILL transmit every subtle breeze, breath, razor stuble that rakes across it, Badly! Also, every says my voice sounds " Tinny ", another failure of the VERIZON LG Envy.

Third, Blue Tooth sucks! Then again I hate the digital, underwater effect that is inherent in every device, so that complaint with a grain of salt, unless you like that kind thing while listening to MP3's on the Optional 4gig chip you can stick in it.

Fourth, with the VERIZON LG ENVY, taking pictures is labor intensive, and unless you Save EVERY picture to phone or chip, It will let you take as many once in a life time pictures, happly deleting each previous picture for all eternity... be sure to allow 10-15 seconds to accomplish the saving task for every picture you take.

Five, Do Not stick the VERIZON LG ENVY in your pocket! Even with the Key Lock function on, You WILL mash the unprotected buttons and do everything from making annoying phone calls to strange people in exotic places, to accessing the web, all the while burning up your minutes while taking a dump in a truck stop restroom.... ( Ok, to much information but you get the idea).

Six, The VERIZON LG ENVY itself is a piece of crap. Immediatly after I was wrongly told I was going to be stuck with this brick for 2 years, the front screen went black.
Eight months later, the inside screen went black so texting was no longer possable and I can ONLY make calls by mashing buttons in a memorized sequence, losing all the numbers I had stored and no longer able to listen to the music I have stored on the chip, then again, Get an Ipod! They actually work!

Seven, The power cord/connector on the VERIZON LG ENVY is so small and fragile, be prepaired to replace the car charger at least once every other month at $9.99 to $24.99 a pop. I found that the Cheapest ones from 3 partys last longer then the ones LG / Verizon try to sell you.

Eight, Signal strength on the VERIZON LG ENVY is weak! You will experiance twice as many drop offs as with most other phones. It can not hang onto a signal, or access cell towers with any realiability OUTSIDE major cities. Once your on the road, it's hit and miss, and each time you change towers, you will know by the strange, intermittent, obnoxious noises that will eminate from the substandard built in speaker....

Now that my Coffee had gotten cold I'm going to stop here... No wait, The VERIZON LG ENVY makes your coffee cold! Dealing with the multitude of fustrations built into this piece of crap I will say this is a valid complaint. It distracts you from doing important things, like keeping an eye on your cheeseburger while in the company of a large, friendly Rottweiler, waisting you time while your $4 Capachino gets cold, leaving your groceries or small child on the roof of your car while trying to get customer no service on the line....

As soon as my contract is up, in about a year, I'm taking All Three of my lines to Sprint. Sure their evil, but their equipment actually works!

the envy is the worst phone ive ever had calls at least 2 people a day from contacts or recent calls look elsewhere

I just got the new one that this guy was asking about, and guess what, I had it less than a month and had a blue tooth for it....today...on election day, my bluetooth paired with another phone and now...I'm fucked...don't get it.

I have had the Envy 2 for a couple weeks...

I like it but the only thing that irritates me is that the key guard doesnt work really. When it is in your pocket all day, it calls the most recent person you talked to or someone in your phone book. I was at work one day and My sister called me sayin "sorry I missed your calls"...I called her three times lol...I also called one of my friends whcih she said twice...So that's th3 only thing that is annoyin to me..

Besides that..nothing wrong

Pocket? Mine makes calls to my phone book laying on my car seat. I haven't had any problems with sound quality, but the random outgoing call thing is embarrasing to say the least.

I do like the envy 2. Yet, as it seems with everyone else it randomly calls people. My friends have played me voice mails from THEIR phones of me talking to someone earlier that day because my stupid phone called them.

The envy2 is the bomb i don't know what these people are talking about... the sound quality is great and i've had mine for a while and always keep it in my pocket and it has never called anybody!!!! (Thats why it has a phone lock FEATURE!!!) The camera is also good (i mean 2 megapixels is pretty good for a phone)

After 3 months it started pocket dialing with key guard on. Tried locking it and it still dials calls! Lock does nothing!

There is a software upgrade out for the ENVY 2. Go to the Verizon store and ask for the 6.0 software. It will make it necessary to hit OK and then CLEAR in that order to unlock the phone from the outside, thus stopping those annoying redials. The software fixes other bugs also.

The sound quality on this phone is horrible. I have only had issues with it calling out randomly once and luckily i happened to have called my boyfriend last so no big deal. Sometimes when making calls the person can hear me sometimes they cant. Other times i can hear them then some calls i cant hear them. This phone is great for texting with but if you ever talk on it i would recommend you getting a different phone. I have had mine for about 4 months now and the problems stated with my very first phone call.

envy2 internal speakers

i love my envy2. it is one of the first phones that i have really liked in a while. but with every positive there are negatives. the vibrate is soft and is pretty much useless, compared to their earlier models. also a week after having it i was very careful with everywhere i put my phone. it went from my night stand where it charged to my pocket for the day. after a few days i noticed that the water sensor on the phone and the battery was both red/pink striped. what is the point in having a phone when they wont cover water damage and it never came in contact with water... maybe just the everyday moisture. and just recentaly my "ok" button on the front doesnt work and neither does the "0". then a few days later they start working again. now just three days ago my internal speakers stopped working. ringtones, txt reminders, and any music that i dont feel like using the bluetooth for wont work. so im stuck with this useless phone with a lame ass vibrate with no sound. my external speaker still works so i can talk to ppl. but none the less. o but great news i started charging my phone this morning and when i unplug it my speakers start working... praise jesus... o but what gets better is before when i layed down earlier today i threw it on the charger cuz i lost a bar or so. and now it is back to its worthless self.

now dont get me wrong i love this phone but i dont think it is really worth all the hassle for this shit... if anyone could help me with the speaker problem i should be fine.

if u want free ringtones... phonezoo dot com

My daughter has the LG enV2 and loves it! She got it the first day it came out on 04/30/08. She is an expert at texting both with the front keypad as well as when you open it and use the qwerty keyboard! Several of her friends got the same phone after seeing hers and playing with hers and they all love it. It is not too big and fits nice and snug in her front jean pocket which is what she likes. It's about the size of the Motorola Razr V3m from Verizon.

She has V-Cast so she uses the internet all the time on it and doesn't have a problem logging onto her favorite website....myspace.

Good luck!

would it be a good phone for my 10 year old daughter

It's a wonderful phone! More so trust worthy than a blackberry curve or Storm ever thought about being!

enV problems

I have had my EnV for about a year now and some of the keys on the outside of my phone will randomly stop working. It is usually the up arrow, ok button, and the 4, 5, and 6 keys. Some days I can't do anything using the outside of my phone at all. I am definitely looking in to getting another phone... and SOON!

Back