Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

why is my internet slow?

When im browsing the internet pages sometimes take long to load, my other laptop isn't as slow as this new laptop i just got. i tried deleting cookies and all that stuff my bf also told me to renew my IP address or something like that and its still slow.

i have a AMD turion 64X2 processor with 3 GB memory if that means anything...my bf said i might have a sh*tty "card" or something..

i dont know but can someone help me out?

it gets a little annoying and i always have to refresh pages cuz stuff sometimes doesnt load right cuz its slooww.
    my interent is not this slow on other laptops and comps. i have around the house.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You might have spyware. Spyware is stuff that sends info about your browsing history to third parties, and then it directs the pop-ups from those type of sites to your computer.

I would try lavasoft.com and d/l AdAware.

Downloads
    Uploads
    could be many things, but lets try this step by step, unplug your modem for about 5 minutes this will reset it. check background programs, don't have a lot of programs running while downloading. do a disk cleanup, disk defrag and download cc cleaner its free and will clean up junk files etc, is your hard drive almost full? delete programs you don't use. use cc cleaners registry cleaner, then go to tools, click startup disable unneeded programs. and do a restart. good luck.

Deleting everything may not be a good solution for this,
    have u deleted all unwanted stuff ??
    ,if not,
    First of all delete temporary junk files files from your computer .
    Run > temp > Delete all the temporary files from your computer .
    Run > %temp% > Delete all the temporary files from your computer Run > prefetch > Delete all junk files from your computer .

1Run disk cleaup Run defragmention
    . uninstall programs you don't need or use.
    2. delete all files that you don't need.
    3. download a free registry cleaner (type "registry cleaner" in browser search bar and take your pick from the countless choices) and clean your registry.
    4. Right click Drive C and click on Properties. Choose Tools, choose Check for Errors, choose defragment, choose Remove junk files.
    5. Do all of these at least once a week
    6. look for further help on how to disable unnecessary services and autostart/autorun programs
    7. OR...how about getting someone to reformat your disk and reinstall your programs? sounds like your pc has been slowed down from regular usage
    8. reduce unnecessary desktop features such as shadows and such--choose the classic theme, perhaps

Download CCleaner FileHippo.com
    Good Registry Cleaner which can extremely will improve your computer and Internet performance dramatically! Do all these and Perform speed here ScanmySpeed.com once it will sounds better ...