Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Undergraduate major for future Law Student?

What is the best undergraduate major for Law School? I am taking Business classes this semester- is Business Managment/ Business Administration good? I know criminal justice is probably the best, but I chose Business because if Law School doesn't work out I want to have a good job to fall back on- which I can get from Business.
    Does anyone have any advice for me?
    Anyone in Law School in Boston area??
    What is the test that students have to take before Law School?

How do I prepare for it?
    Thank You to everyone that helps me.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Law students come from all different backgrounds such as: Business, Psychology, Philosophy, Science, Math and Health. There is no "best" subject to major in but the more rigorous the program the better it looks and the more prepared you will be. I highly suggest that if you are going to major in Business then I would take a minor in Psychology or Philosophy as these two programs will really develop your critical writing and thinking skills.

The test that students prepare for is called the LSAT. To prepare for it you should purchase the following books: Kaplan LSAT 180, Powerscore Logic Games Bible, Powerscore Logical Reasoning Bible. You should also invest in some actual practice LSATs, the best ones are: 10 Actual, Official LSAT PrepTests, 10 More Actual, Official LSAT PrepTests and The Next 10 Actual, Official LSAT PrepTests.

When the time comes, you should also look into any prep-courses offered in your area or if you are really struggling then look for one on one tutoring, this can be expensive though but it is certainly useful