Do you think animals can sense when your depressed?

gabe

May 21, 2008
i have schizo-affective disorder, its schizophrenia with the bipolar mood disorder, kinda a 2 in one deal. fun eh? but anyways im coming down from my manic stage and and severely depressed, and i went to pet my dog cuz he woke up and i just put my head on his side, and he licked my face and it made me start crying, and he just kept licking me, then scoot closer to me and cuddle with me, lick me more, and when i looked into his eyes he stopped and just had this look like he knew exactly what was happening.
as i continued crying, he kept putting his head around my neck and comforting me. do u think they know when your depressed?

ya they can trust me especially dogs or monkeys its a power of feeling they sense it 100%
my dog too when i cry she came & set near me & like hugging me

they definitely do! whenever im feeling down my dogs and cats become all cuddly and very sweet. there just like humans in that respect ( probably even better) at regognising emotions

Yes animals have feelings so they can sense you are angry or sad i remember yelling at my dog and giving it the finger you think it's going to just stand their and lick my face.

Oh yes, any animal can feel your emotions. I have a Cocker Spaniel that was mistreated before I got her. When we first got her she didn't trust anyone. Now she's fine with me and my family and my main friends, but she still doesn't trust strangers. But I talk to her, she's my best friend, and I tell her I love her every night, and I believe she understands the love I have for her, she trusts me. And when im feeling down and out she knows, she'll come up to me and nudge me she also licks me, and i wouldn't trade her for anything. I think i've herd something somewhere can't remember where, but dogs are great for people with like disorders and things and they do help out people A WHOLE LOT! So yes they know when your depressed.

Without a doubt yes animals do know when your depressed. I've had dogs that just jump in my lap and look up at me until i give them attention and it makes me feel better, to cats who lay beside me and put a paw on me and stare me down.

I absolutely believe they know when you are depressed, along with happy, excited, mad, etc. They are sooo smart and such sweet beings. I think we humans are so lucky to have companions like them. My dog always is there for me. The other day I was suffering from a very bad toothache and he came up and laid his big ol' head right on the side of my face where it was hurting! It made me start to cry it was so sweet. They are definitely in tune with their surrondings, I believe more than we are. And by the way I am sorry to hear about your condition, I can kind of relate (bipolar). I hope everything works out for you and you have the strength to get better! God bless you and your beautiful doggy!

Always! And Always again! Love your puppy, He loves you. Let him lick your tears and give it hugs and kisses.

Got a cat? Believe it or not, they do the same thing.

Give them a chance and you'll cry with them both...and then laugh and cuddle with both. Let them make you smile.

Dogs have total respect for the master and they can sense when there master in unhappy, like you said. the dog then trys to comford you, and thats how they do it.

One can never be 100% sure, but I don't think so, at least not in the way you put it. I believe animals can observe, or sense (literally) the changes over their surroundings objects, or living creatures, and thus have some kind of unusual reaction towards it, or be nervous about it.

I do. They also know when you're in pain. Treat your pets well and they will pay you back in little ways. Like cheering you when you're feeling. Or licking your wounds. Or even just being there so you can have someone to talk to.

i think they do. After all, aren't we animals? And we can tell when somebodies depressed? Dogs still have feelings and emotions, they're just living in a different body. I think they're very aware of our feelings, like we're aware of theirs when they are scared. My rabbit is always such a grump :) But when I'm upset she'll nuzzle up to me and just stay there for me. They're amazing. And I hope you're ok.

i think they do. After all, aren't we animals? And we can tell when somebodies depressed? Dogs still have feelings and emotions, they're just living in a different body. I think they're very aware of our feelings, like we're aware of theirs when they are scared. My rabbit is always such a grump :) But when I'm upset she'll nuzzle up to me and just stay there for me. They're amazing. And I hope you're ok.

Back