Buying a new cell phone..Should I go with Rogers or Telus?

toxmot

Jul 6, 2008
I heard Telus sucks..and is it more expensive? But they have the new LG KEYBO. And Rogers has the nice sony ericsson phones.

Both suck, they both are cell phone monopoly's of canada and hook you into contracts with huge fees and crappy service. If you want a GSM phone (like Rogers') then go with Fido, their run by Rogers but they dont have a big company feel. If you want a CDMA phone, then go with either Virgin Mobile, Koodo or Solo Mobile. Virgin & Solo both run off Bell and Koodo is run off Telus. This doesnt mean you can use their cell phones on those company's services but it just means that Telus and Bell own shares in those companies and they run off their service coverage. If you really only want to go with a company for their phones, then choose Telus, they seem to have a more fair rules and regulations unlike the long list found on Rogers' website. However, Telus' phones will only work on the Telus network, also meaning that you will have to get certain phones from them to travel in most countries costing expensive $. Rogers on the other hand uses GSM so if you go to another country you can switch your SIM card and use another companies in that country, for cheaper. Companies change their phones all the time, trust me, I bought a LG VENUS from Telus in May and now they have 3 new phones that outrank it completly.

Go Fido, seriously.

Telus is going to rip you off.
Rogers is going to rip you off and give you crappy customer service.

Fido (Rogers owns) has the best service and best pricing. You can use a Rogers phone on the Fido network, it's GSM. Telus runs on CDMA technology that will lock your phone to their network. GSM phone you can get a USA sim card from a pay-as-you-go carrier if you travel down there and not get raped on the roaming charges.

I've been on most carriers, Fido is the only way to go.

Telus has the best and most afforable plans. Rogers on the other hand is very expensive when it comes to plans and extra hidden charges.

You should ask your parents (or if you live alone) what TV, Internet and home phone you use. If its Rogers then they will give you an amazing deal on the phone and plan because you have a "bundle" of their services.

I've been with telus for 9 years and I would never leave them. I have every single service, 5 people free 750 minutes unlimited nights/weekends, free texting, free voicemail, free downloads, etc etc etc EVERY service imagineable for 30$ a month with tax and monthly fee. The longer you stay with the company the more they take care of their good customers.

Both suck, they both are cell phone monopoly's of canada and hook you into contracts with huge fees and crappy service. If you want a GSM phone (like Rogers') then go with Fido, their run by Rogers but they dont have a big company feel. If you want a CDMA phone, then go with either Virgin Mobile, Koodo or Solo Mobile. Virgin & Solo both run off Bell and Koodo is run off Telus. This doesnt mean you can use their cell phones on those company's services but it just means that Telus and Bell own shares in those companies and they run off their service coverage. If you really only want to go with a company for their phones, then choose Telus, they seem to have a more fair rules and regulations unlike the long list found on Rogers' website. However, Telus' phones will only work on the Telus network, also meaning that you will have to get certain phones from them to travel in most countries costing expensive $. Rogers on the other hand uses GSM so if you go to another country you can switch your SIM card and use another companies in that country, for cheaper. Companies change their phones all the time, trust me, I bought a LG VENUS from Telus in May and now they have 3 new phones that outrank it completly.

my friend has the key bored 1 and its a great phone yaaa so get that phone the other phone breacks eaeyer

i have never heard of any of those providers haha that lg keybo or whatever it is is called lg enV in my neck of the woods

http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=1558

ahhh haha i see... anyways. (canada??) you should keep your current provider and look on ebay. ebay is a godsend. i got a blackberry on there for like 40 dollars.

Back