Which phone is best for using the internet?

RosemaryK

Aug 23, 2008
Right now, my cell phone is *sigh* just a phone. I'd like to get a phone that I can use to easily access the internet. Also, I don't want to sign up for AT&T so the iPhone, although appealing, is out.

What phone would be comparable for internet usage, or even better?

I'd be using mostly yahoo mail, facebook, pandora radio.

i know u said know at&t but heres some good phones

AT&T
-LG VU
-PALM CENTRO
-PALM TREO (I FORGOT IF THIS IS A SPRINT PHONE OR AT&T.

VERIZON WIRELESS
-LG VOYAGER (MY PHONE)
-LG DARE
-SAMSUNG GLYDE

SPRINT
-SAMSUNG INSTINCT
-PALM CENTRO

I use a cellular modem with a wireless router for my internet service. Really, you're going to pay $60 per month for the unlimited 3g access anyway, so you might as well get the card for an extra $50 that allows you to go online so you don't have to be off your phone every time you go online. I shopped a lot, they are all pretty much the same - $60 per month. I have a USB router because it will work with any computer. the router I have is awesome. It's here:http://www.wirelessnwifi.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=28&zenid=7e0ca38f93b8c7caa06f386cda600cb3
this allows you to have internet that you can use anywhere - wirelessly... you can run any program you use online and it's really easy to set up.

You can get the modem through Att, sprint, verizon... they all have them.

Are you on Verizon or Sprint?

On Verizon the Dare, the Glyde and Voyager are all reasonably priced and you can add on unlimited Internet for $15/mo for those devices. Don't know if they will run Pandora, not sure if any phone would run Pandora though. The other internet applications you mentioned will be fine though.

Back