Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Why is my ARES just saying CONNECTING and won't connect to the internet?

I just got a new dell laptop. I'm attending college and my laptop has windows vista on it. I installed ARES because my school blocked lime wire which i used at home and i could trust it. My friends and g/f are also attending the same school as me and they have ARES installed but it works for them and we all live on campus and are connected to our campus wirelessly.

Unregistered
    I know this might be a wee bit to late, but your firewall is blocking outgoing/ingoing signals.... If you go into Ares and go to the control panel box, click the Transfer slide. Copy the port number. Go to the program already on your computer "Windows Firewall" at the side it should say.... "Allow a program to pass the firewall" or something like that, click it and at the bottom it will say ADD Port, paste the number in and it shold work.....

Unregistered