Motorola Q - Keyboard problem. Bug fixes?

mic

Jun 1, 2008
Okay, so I have an older Q that I bought very cheaply from a friend. Haven't been too thrilled with it. Don't have a data plan so I haven't used the internet, but I've had massive problems with the keypad.

A month ago, I tried to punch in a number and everytime I'd put in a "9" it would type "9"9d" and then scroll up once. I had to write down all my numbers and appointments, do TWO master resets on it to get it working normally, and then put them back in.

Now a month later I'm trying to text and put in a time...it goes out of text and starts dialing a number and whenever I punch up on a the d-pad it puts in a 9.

I can do another master reset if I have to, but is there any bug fix or something I can do manually without clearing out ALL of my memory and having to reenter all my contacts in over and over again?

You should be able to download a software update from Motorola or Verizon's websites, backup your data first. The software updates will wipe your device and put fresh software on. If it's a software glitch and not something physically wrong with the keypad.

Moto Q is a problematic device. Just get a new phone!

Back