RCA RP5120 Digital Voice Recorder/ RCA Digital Voice Manager questions?

Delita

Aug 6, 2008
Ok, I have the RCA RP5120 Digital Voice Recorder had issues when I first started found the software, and downloaded RCA Digital Voice Manager. I have tried to convert the .VOC file to .wav and to .exe but neither one will play. It shows the time of the file but it only plays a second of the file. Maybe I have the wrong software and that's why I am having issues I don't know. I hope someone can make sense of my gibberish! If anyone has any suggests PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help me!! Thanks so much in advance!

Delita

For Reference: RCA Response... RP5120 - A , and Bad File Format

Since I am trying to find a solution to the same problem and came across this site, I feel compelled to leave a brief message on the issue.

I cannot play my files either. As a matter of fact, I cannot copy or transfer them either becuase of a "bad file format" either.

I contacted Audiovox, aka RCA, and their response is that the error is "like a virus" and it just happens. They cannot do anything to solve the problem once it happens. And it apparently happens a lot. They told me to reformat the recorder, not telling me how to do that, but that would lose the recordings. No remorse from Audiovox and RCA.

And they still make the recorders knowing the issue exists.

So, for those trying to find a solution to the error where you get a bad file format or you just can't play the recording through their software, nothing can be done from the point of view of Audiovox and RCA. There is a million reasons why it happens, they claim, and they don't know how to fix it.

Sorry. Just don't want to leave people astray since I've been to too many sites with this issue and nothing can be done. Personally, I will never buy an RCA or Audiovox recording product again (mind you, I have bought several of these recorders as well as my colleagues, we're all experiencing the same thing).

Back