Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

I was told i needed to replace my lower ball joints on my 1998 bmw 328i

any idea how much it should cost? When i went to meineke they told me i needed to replace the lower ball joint on both sides of the front. They said its 9.99 for each joint but i know bmw site where i have bought parts in the past and it says they cost .95 each. are they trying to rip me off or what? or is the part im looking at possibly something else? there estimate was 0 when my friend told me it should only cost about 0-350 tops

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well Its all about the labor. ask how much they charge per labor hour. its probably 75 dollars. Anytime you get your ball joint replaced you will also need a front end alignment as well. No.. thats about the right price for lower ball joints.. the lower ball joint for my car costs 25.99 with a lifetime warranty. Theres other things they have to do most likely to replace the ball joint.. they might have to take the control arms off because you need a few special tools to replace the ball joint... unless its the kind thats welded onto the control arm.. and in that case you'll just have to replace that. 900 sounds a little too much to me.. even by their high prices it shouldnt be anymore than 700. ask if you can get an itemized statement on that estimate.