Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Where is the transmission fluid dip-stick on a 1999 Pontiac Grand AM?

I have a Pontiac Grand AM 1999 and was looking over the engine and everything yesterday when i relized i had no idea where the place where the tran. fluid is checked and changed is located on my car. I couldnt find it in the normal places, it found it in my truck and SUV but dont know where it is on this car. So if anyone could tell me were it is that would be great!! its not really important right now but it would just be good to know for the near future Thanks!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    It is under the vehicle, I think it is on the passenger front area. It's a little plug that when you pull or push transmission fluid will come out. Or you can take it to a local Penzoil, and they will check it for free. Which is what I do, also by the way it's checked like a manuel transmission.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Some of the GM cars back then didn't have trans. dip sticks. One has to check the trans under the car. Take it to a dealer and ask if yours is one of those cars. In the early 2000, Chrysler came out with dipstick less cars too. Duh, what are they thinking.

Unregistered

Car Sedan Blue Transmission dip stick

Quote Originally Posted by banker89 View Post
    It is under the vehicle, I think it is on the passenger front area. It's a little plug that when you pull or push transmission fluid will come out. Or you can take it to a local Penzoil, and they will check it for free. Which is what I do, also by the way it's checked like a manuel transmission.

Mom, please show dad this we were both puzzled earlier lol. So I looked it up.