is rap (retards attempting poetry) really considered music?

vaughn2sexy4u

Aug 12, 2008
i believe rap is crap because of several reasons
1)the lyrics are either about "fuck that bitch" or "shoot that nigga"
2)the computer does work for the whole damn song. i mean can you honestly not laugh at that superman bullshit that soulja boy sings
3)It has become way to mainstream, how is hurricane chris and lil wayne possibly be making money off of stupid rhymes

to me rock is number one
"there is nothing conceptually better than rock n roll music"-John Lennon of the beatles
you may ask why?
well
rock consists of musicians that actually have to play real instruments like guitar, bass, drums (not the stupid electronic drum machine)
it takes hard work to make music with chords and the lyrics are filled with so much passion that i cant believe they are not as popular as rap music is today (by the way emo isnt music either)

in conclusion, rap is gay, and if you can prove it isn't then please answer my question
oh and by the way "rock isn't noise"
it has evolved in so many ways you cannot even count
such as southern rock, alternative, punk, pop rock, classic, progressive, metal, hardcore, and the list goes on...
how has rap evolved besides the fact the lyrics just get even more vulgar and pointless
i have to say those that say "rock is just screaming through the mic" are just plain ignorant. i don't like metal. have you ever heard bands like foo fighters, beatles, oasis, blink 182. i bet you haven't. so no. rock isn't just "screaming throught the mic". as for rap, the only artists that i respect are tupac, ice cube, and the group run dmc. everything else is whack.

Ok I feel like this is a poinless question, but I am going to respond anyway. Ok so if you don't like rap music and you feel it is crap (which is ok because you have every right to believe that) why would you waste your time on a subject you feel is crap?? Ok like you said they are making money, so apparently not everyone feels the way you do. But I could find a million thinks wrong with rock music. I don't really like it but I'm not going to sit here and bash those who make it and listen to it. You already have your mind set that rap is gay. So how is someone going to preove to you that it isn't, which goes back to my first sentence. This IS a pointless question. So maybe you should go listen to a bunch of men in skin tight nut crunching pants yell and scream about submarines and other pointless things.

Most rappers think they're cool but they really just sound stupid. There use to be and still are a few good rappers around but lil Wayne and all them are getting all the attention.

I thought this one was "good"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-VyUCvOreE

This one, not so much
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bi40powiPrc

Music is very healing. Though you are able to connect with rock music many are able to with rap. Not all lyrics are vulgar; I understand you do not enjoy the rap genre, but if it is able to make at least one person happy or feel better then it is not crap!!

***im a rock and reggae fan myself***

I like some but find a lot of it to be just a lot of vulgar 'look at me and how many hoes my money can get' type of talk.

Back