I havent had much food intake in the past two days, what should i do for the future?

WillW

Mar 23, 2008
the past two days ive consumed less than 1000 calories a day

yesterday i had a small salad with fat free ranch dressing and fat free shredded cheese at like noon. then had a grilled stuft burrito from taco bell. (640 calories) and a small side of refried beans (110 calories)

then today all ive had was a piece of toast covered in a strawberry fruit spread(probably about 75 calories, it was a reduced cal bread) and with that i had an egg white omlette with fat free shredded cheese...idk how many calories it had prob not alot. i used 4 egg whites from extra large size eggs, discarded the yolks. and i also had a large golden delicious apple after that. all that was about at noon

then at about 7:30 i ate a turkey and and fat free cheese sandwhich on reduced cal white bread(140 calories), with a small can of pork and beans(220 Calories) and very few baked lays chips with a little pace hot salsa (about 150 calories) then ended that up with a banana..idk how many calories are in a banana.

im already clinically underweight. the doctor said im supposed to be gaining it, and im not eating right....as you can tell.im just wondering how i should be eating to plan for the future?

I'd start eating more food in general. Bigger portions, or perhaps more meals. I'd also stop counting calories. You seem to be perhaps a "little" preoccupied with the number of calories you consume, and whether or not things are fat free. If you're underweight, you don't need to count calories or worry about how many are in a banana! Just eat because you're hungry and the food looks good. That being said, your diet is very healthy, so kudos on that! I'd probably eat some heavier foods (think: carbs), and perhaps you might even want to drink some protein shakes too (I have friends who drink those when they're trying to "beef up"). You can also try exercising, not to lose weight, but to gain muscle. It weighs more than fat, and muscle burns more calories, so you'll likely burn off whatever you eat faster, meaning you can eat more :) Good luck!

Back