Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Why my internet download speed is slow in other downloads

i have a good speed of internet, im using dsl and i putted a router,
    before when i download the file its maximum dl speed is 200kb/s but now when i download the same file and tested it with other download sites it became "b/s" only appeared a maximum of 5000b/sec. but when i download different file it appears very fast. im wondering what is going on. Im sure that we were only 2 using internet. i called the service provider and they say that my netspeed is in normal, my computer is newly reformatted so its very clean for viruses and anything that may cause my netspeed slow. "But from other locations my friend downloaded it very fast". This problem is killing me, is it because i changed my motherboard? the older 1 is asus and my new 1 is gigabyte GA-31M-S2L.
    im using
    core2duo
    4gig of ram
    1gig of videocard.

i also tested my internet speed in speedtest.net and its quite good,
    the thing that i want to point out is "when i download the file(a game) its very slow to me but if i download different files(other game and bigger) its so very fast, BUT my friend (a little bit far away from here) downloaded it so fast and i have more faster netspeed than my friend.

i have the same antivirus/firewall since i dont have problems until i have
    it now.

is there any settings?

or blocking it?
    or slowering it?

your helps will help me a lot thanks..

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think it depends on the server from which you download. Downloading something from Microsoft will obviously download much faster than downloading from a private server in some far off country.

Are you using a wireless router? If so protect it from people around you leeching off it. That can slow down your speed as well.