Why does everyone and their mothers want to get into MMA?

the

Jun 7, 2008
There's at least a handful of "how do I get started in MMA" questions everyday. People don't realize that professional MMA fighters are for the most part, former real athletes, who have a black belt in some art or have a solid wrestling background from either college or highschool. Just because people watch in on tv and get inspired by guys like Kimbo, everyone is jumping on the band wagon. That's why there are a lot of posers out there. And these same posers misrepresent the sport and act like tough guy jack@sses outside the gym. What are your thoughts? I want to get the point of view of the real martial artists as well as the posers.

i agree with u 100 percent i have been training mma since 2000 so before the griffin v bonnar fight, and the trend is after every pay per view or ultimate fighter episode we get new guys in our gym, some nice guys that r eager to learn but some posers that where tapout hats, act tough and give us dirty looks, so we tend to turn it up whenever we get these kind of people and show them the kind of dedication it takes to be a good mma fighter by taking training very seriously and make sure they leave sore and tired, most of them never come back after that!

Back