Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Has the internet turned humanity into illiterate mouth breathers?

After cruising through YA alone, I've become depressed because of the total disregard for grammar. "Internet speak" is tolerable to an extent. I've been known to excessively use "lol!!11!" or "omg idk rofl!@!!" to mock most of the idiots that blabber on the web, and even functionally 'lol' and 'rofl' are okay. However, It is mind blowing to see that most of the verbal diarrhea on yahoo! answers is actually people flexing their skills as writers. Am I wrong in thinking that the dependency on the internet for information and the resulting communication is drastically affecting peoples ability to ARTICULATELY construct ORIGINAL ideas? Hey I'm not perfect and I admit I have no clue how to use a semi-colon, but at least it's an intelligible reflection of a genuine concern for the mental fitness of humanity. I'm sure I'll get some idiot responses, but YA also has an articulate minority who will have something to say on the matter, and yes I'm just being a dick. I read a "WhaTS your fav enrgy dRink?! mines Red BUll!11! " question and had to release some steam.
    "Poll: which reliogn to you belive in and if you had to pick what reliegon would you pick insted of your relion"

That's a real question. He/she misspelled religion three different times in three different ways. Wow.

Not to mention the "poll" is retarded to begin with.

Downloads
    Uploads
    No, you're right. Like, what, is it SO hard to speak English the way it was taught to you? It seems to me these people WANT to come off as unintelligent.