Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Why is my dog whining all of a sudden?

I have a 5 1/2 year old Jack Russell who I've had since she was 2 months old, and she just started whining all the time. I don't know what to do. She stops if I hug her but I can't hug her all day long, and even when I do stop hugging/kissing her, she starts to whine again.

She just started doing this not even a week ago. She's not hungry or thirsty or bored. She doesn't want to play, because if she wanted to play, she would just hand me her ball and I will throw it (sometimes for hours, perks of having a JRT) and she gets an hour walk every morning.

I don't know what to do and I'm not only starting to not only get irritated, but slightly worried.
    There's no point in calling the vet, because they'll just try to get me in there and I spend hundreds and hundreds of dollars on her every year at the vet because she's so dumb and eats everything, but what she ate a couple years ago has nothing to do with the whining. And it's not an ear infection because she already had that a couple years ago too or an urinary tract infection. And nothing on her hurts because if it did, she wouldn't jump because at the beginning of the year she had a herniated disk and I know if something hurts she wouldn't jump and she jumps perfectly fine.

I'm starting to wonder if it may be psychological? A mid life crisis? She cries when I go to the bathroom, when she's just sitting next to me on the couch, even when I'm playing with her. She also digs in the couch and my bed all the time too.
    Has anyone had this problem?!

And she doesn't have to go to the bathroom because if she wanted to go outside she would just jump on the door.
    No she doesn't want a mate. Haha. She just looks at me and cries. ALL THE TIME. And she JUST started doing it since last week.
    She doesn't need attention. At all. I play with her more than anyone I know plays with a dog. I probably play with my dog more in one day than most 19 year olds do in a week. And I'm NOT getting another dog. She has a few friends she sees weekly.

Downloads
    Uploads
    well it doesnt sound like the dog has a perfect health background ,something could be wrong and theres no point in thinking that about the vet, especially if something serious is wrong with your dog and you wait to late, because you dont want to spend the money