Dirt Biking Information?

KePe

Aug 5, 2008
I am 14 years old, and I am a good dirt biker. I was wondering how I could become a proffesional, and even if I was a proffesional... what would I be doing? The only thing I know the big names do is like, X Games. Otherwise.. what do they do to make their money and be noticed for new things???(Sorry I don't watch much dirtbiking or anyhting to do with it, except do it myself)
Freestyle is more what I do. I would do racing if I had to though for sure!

most pro racers have been racing since they were toddlers....there are thousands of good riders who never come close to racing professionally. and there are many great riders who dont make it.... you best bet would be to do it for fun.....

There is a number of different disiplines of racing some of which are SX, MX, enduro, dirttrack, super motard etc. Then you have the freestyle mx which many of the guys who have done one of the other disiplines diverge into.

Most of the guys who end up as professionals in the sport have been racing mx or enduro since they were 4 years old. Much of the sport is funded by their parents as only the better riders get any sort of sponsorship that would be considered really a big help. Many riders may get 10percent off gear and usuable from shops but that really doesn't go very far as to helping.

The sport is expensive and only the very lucky few will make it as professional and they are usually those who have been racing since 4.

They are winning national events by the time they are teenagers and are known by most people in the industry.

Back