Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

The key won't turn in the ignition to start my 2008 Chevy Cobalt?

I put the key in the ignition and I try to turn it but it won't budge! I tried moving the steering wheel hoping this would help but it is locked. I tried putting my foot on the brake while trying to turn the key and nothing. Does anyone know what's going on?

Unregistered

Paperclip 2008 Chevy Cobalt with bad ignition-second time!

I had the same problem with my '08 Chevy Cobalt (key wouldn't budge when I inserted it). Roadside Assistance sent someone out for a tow to the garage. The dealership said there was an issue and they were instructed to just clean the pieces inside, but since the car stranded me once, they replaced the whole ignition. Now 1 day shy of two weeks later, I had trouble with it again! This time, after I came out of a store, my key wouldn't turn. It did turn to ACC, but it wouldn't turn any further. Finally after trying several times, I flipped the key over and tried it again and it started (the key should work the same either way). After I got home and pulled in the driveway, I tried to turn the car off and the key wouldn't budge! I unloaded my car and drove in to the shop for repair. I pulled into the lot and it stalled on me in the middle of the dealerships parking lot and that's where I left it for them. I told them what was going on and they started it and tried to turn it off then with no luck. It has been in the shop for two days now. It is VERY frustrating to say the least! I believe if it happens again, wouldn't it qualify as a lemon and entitle me to a refund of the current value of the car? It only has 19,000 miles on it.