In your opinion. Did President Bush, Vice President Cheney and his chief

rightyouareken

Jun 4, 2008
of staff Scooter Libby, conspire to.. leak the identity of Valerie Plame?

If so would you consider it an act of treason?

I am certain they did and YES this is treason.
They were retaliating against her husband for revealing that the claims of yellow cake uranium being sought by Iraq was a hoax.

I look forward to seeing the civil suite going forwared against the Bush administration. And why else would Bush pardon Libby but to gain his silence?

I am sure Libby was thrown under the bus.
I am glad to know he has since then been disbarred in two states.

No, since Plame was not an agent and had not served as one for over 5 years. The only people guilty of "leaking"her identity was her husband and the media.

yes and yes.....I also believe that any unlawful act should be followed into the next Administration......crimes=punishment

No, it is a proven fact that Richard Armitage "leaked" the name and that he was a hold over from the previous president. It is also a proven fact that she was "out" on her own accord before any mention of her by anyone in government. I dont agree with everything these guys do nor did I with the last guy or the one before that but this blindly ideological game has to end- this seeking to criminalize anything that goes against our personal beliefs also needs to end- these are very bad trends for our nation

Interestingly the senate subcommittee on intelligence refuted her husband- Wilson- and his story about the yellow cake- interestingly they say his version was bs-

Wow about the only rational and non ideologically driven posts on this question and nothing but thumbs down- sad times for our nation

It would only be an act of treason if she was a covert agent, which she wasn't. How hard is this concept to get. If treason had been committed don't you think congress would have acted on it? Wake up! We have bigger issues.

Right you are Ken. I do believe it was more than just Armitage(sp?). From what we read, we know Cheney was bursting an artery over Wilson's yellowcake deunk. what those administration officials did was the highest act of treason....they not only outed Plame but her ENTIRE COMPANY.
It was pure political revenge aimed at one person--the wife of a critic

Yes, they did. It is treasonous from the standpoint of outing an American serving her country.
Mostly, it was stupid revenge.

Back