Can Prophecy be helped along by human action?

MreBitter

Aug 2, 2008
I found this item about a group of American fundamentalist Christians working with a group of Israeli Orthodox Jews. They want to arrange the conditions for the arrival of the Messiah. (for different purposes).

Please read this:
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/apocalypse/readings/forcing.html

I guess it's nice to see interfaith cooperation, at least.

there are many instances in the bible where people have AIDED in the coming about of a prophecy (after all prophets are human beings!) however you can not STOP the prophecy from coming true.

odd i know but a prophecy is a prophecy and will happen no matter what however we as G-ds servants can aid in it coming faster. we can also aid in it being delayed (which is why the messiah has yet to come).

I believe the only part where human cooperation is required is in the "Great Commission"

Matthew 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

This is one area where our WORK is required !

And to "kailey" antichrists have been with us since the days of the apostles:
1 John 2:18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time. [ KJV ]

Back