Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Can I sue somebody if they post my picture on the internet without my permission?

My girlfriend and I go out to the clubs a couple of times a week.We dress very sexy where as everybody else is wearing blue jeans and a tee shirt, Ive been asked if I am rock star,lol.We dance VERY naughty and people often take our pictures.One guy claimed to be from MTV and vidio taped us,but we didnt sign any type of a release form for us to be on TV.And nobody else has our permission for us to be put on "U-Tube",or any other website.
    But if this has happened,shouldnt we be compensated somehow? I mean,theres times I feel like crap,or we are short on money,but we still dress up and go put on a hell of a show-the regular customers expect this from us,and since we have been going to this certain club,their business has increase from our reputation of dirty dancing-standing room only and everybody is taking pictures of us.
    Noooo-we are not professional dancers,and I dont mean to brag,but we DO have our fair share of fans reguardless of what club we go to.I also dont mean to sound greedy,but surely there is someway we could make a few bucks for our preformance and all of the pictures that are taken.

Anybody have any advice,please?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm not too familiar with law but this I'm pretty sure of:

You are preforming at a private establishment. If the club allows photos and video to be taken in their premises then you have little to no case. Since your privacy was not violated (you were dancing around people in a club that allows patrons to record) then no wrong-doing occurred.

If the person uses the footage or content for personal gain without first obtaining a release from you and your partner then you may have something.

Downloads
    Uploads
    When you are out in public there is no expectation of privacy. And if the photographer is using it for editorial purposes(not commercial) then no you have no grounds. However, it is published where he has monetary gain then you might some grounds. That is why I always carry model release forms with me!