Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Are phone recordings admissible in court for child custody cases?

How do you prove it is who you say it is?.. Or what if you purposely get that person mad just to try and use it against them. Its not me doing that but it is happening to my husband with his ex.. Is that right? Isn't that considered leading or something? what still boggles my mind is he is not crazy his ex is. She wants him out of his sons life and he has fought for 5 years and still nothing... Can someone help?

We are not the ones recording the conversations, my husband's ex-girlfriend is, and she has not told us that she is recording them but we know she is because she said so to my brother-in-law. I just want to know if she can use those conversations in the courtroom if we didn't know that she was recording.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey Beebee

Check out the link below. It gives you info on the states where two-party phone tapping is permitted...Meaning - there are SOME states where you DO NOT have to tell the other party that you are recording your conversation with them.

Some judges allow it - if it was legal. But you have t pay for a transcript.

Downloads
    Uploads
    its only admissable if they KNOW they are being recorded.. sounds stupid, but if you cant tell them, then it is an invasion of their privacy, and you cannot prove it was them... srry...

Downloads
    Uploads
    As long as 1 person in the household from which the call is being recieved knows that it is being recorded IT IS ADMISSIBLE in court. That is in NC I dont know about the other states though. Good luck to you.