question for mma fighters?

mnb11123

Jul 30, 2008
ok so i want to be a professional mma fighter and hopefully one day be in the ufc. but there is one problem, how to black out other things that might hold you back from training right and reaching your goal? like ex g/f's, and females and being tempted to turn the other direction. i want this bad and i am going to put as much into it as i can. but how do i fight temptation of giving up? thanks

Well you have to have an inner drive, only you can achieve your goals, but my best advice to you would be to find a great gym that you like and spend all of your free time there. If you really do want to pursue a career in MMA you will stick at it. You can't train in martial arts just because you want to be able to kick someones ass though, you have to look deep down and find out if your goal of being a martial artist is to better yourself and be the best you can be. Overall it's totally up to you whether you become a professional Mixed Martial Artist or not.

You need to surround yourself with people that will stand behind you and help you through the hard times. To be honest, unless your girlfriend is really okay with you fighting she will be a major distraction. Eventually you will have to choose what you want more; your dream or your woman.

Search your area for a good training camp and sign up. Let the trainers know your goal and they will be able to point you in the right direction.

Take it from someone who has been in your situation, you can fight for a limited time but you have your whole life to be with a girl. Don't give up on your dream.

start dating dudes, instead of chicks, preferably other mma fighters-talk about really surroundingn yourself in the sport! wow!!!

well do you want it. if yes then you do it. when you get tempted you say hey this gets in the way of my dream. if you can not stop from giving in to temptation then you probably do not want it bad enough.

Back